The Friends of the Wamego Public Library is a volunteer, nonprofit organization that supports enhancements of collections and services at the library.
Friends support programs and services that bring libraries to life.
They raise money to ensure a first-class public library for a community.
They are what their name implies: a collection of committed, caring individuals who share a common vision of an outstanding, free public library.
The Wamego Public Library’s Friends raise funds from memberships, contributions and fundraisers. These funds help the library provide programs, books, materials, and services to the community. This year the Friends:
- Partnered with Wamego High School Forensics Department & the Columbian Theatre to present ‘Books Come Alive’ family event and fundraiser
- Provided Halloween treats for Trick or Treat in Downtown Wamego
- Organized Annual Thanksgiving Pie Sale Fundraiser
- Hosted the Children’s Tent at the Kansas Sampler Festival in May
- Provided prize books for the Summer Reading Program
- Purchased new magazine holders for the Library Reading Room
- Little Free Library located in the Wamego Community Garden
President – Susan Dillinger
Vice President –
Treasurer – Margo Pray
Secretary – Amy Hecke
If you would like to become a Friend, please fill out this Membership form and return it to the library.
The Friends regularly meet first Tuesday of each month at 6:00pm at the library. Check out our calendar for the date of the next meeting – We’d love to see you there!