Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is offered to Wamego Public Library cardholders. If you need materials that WPL does not own, we can request to borrow items for you from another library within the state of Kansas.
How Do I Place an ILL Request?
ILL requests may be made in person at the library, by phone at (785) 456-9181, or by emailing your name, phone number and request to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also request items yourself online. See instructions below.
In order to place an ILL request, your library card must be in good standing. You will not be able to place ILL requests if you have more than $3.00 in fines on your account.
What Types of Materials Can I Request?
You can request books, large print books, audiobooks, microfilm, DVDs, cake pans, and other materials available to check-out through libraries across the state.
Are there any Fines or Fees?
There is no fee for using our ILL service, however voluntary shipping donations are appreciated.
Lost or damaged ILL items will be charged a cost for the amount assessed by the lending library. Borrowers are responsible for damage done to ILL materials while in their possession, as assessed by the lending library.
How Will I Know When My Item Arrives?
You will be contacted by email or phone when your ILL item is available to pick up.
Your ILL will be available on our Reserve Shelf for one week for you to pick-up and check-out at the circulation desk.
How Long Can I Keep ILLs?
If you want to renew an item, please call (785) 456-9181 or email email@example.com to request renewal 3 to 4 days BEFORE the due date. Most libraries will not renew a book after it is overdue, but may be willing to renew an item one time unless they have other people waiting to check it out.
In order to continue borrowing items for our patrons through ILL services, we must remain in good standing with other lending libraries by honoring their rules and due dates. Please help by returning your ILL items on time.
To Place an ILL Request
1. Open the library catalog.
2. Login to your library account.
3. Click on the Resources symbol and select Check All. This will enable you to search all of the libraries in Kansas.
4. Search for an item.
7. This will bring you to a results page. Find the item that most closely matches your request and click “Availability”; a popup will appear. Click on the Request this Item button to place your request.
8. You will then be directed to the online request form. Make sure your email address and phone number are correct.
9. Hit the Submit button. This will bring up a box saying Your ILL request has been submitted.
It normally takes 7-10 days for an item to arrive at the library. You will be notified when the item is available for pickup.
To Check the Status of an ILL Request
1. Open the library catalog and sign into your account.
2. Once signed in, click on My Account.
3. Then click Items From Other Libraries.
4. There will be a list of the items you have requested and their status.
****For further assistance please call (785) 456-9181 or come by the library****