The Wamego Public Library enriches lives, promotes literacy, and builds community by bringing together people, information and ideas.
Code of Service
Library patrons of all ages will find easily accessible library materials in a clean, safe, organized environment staffed with courteous people.
All visitors, whether in person, on the phone or online, will be welcomed, graciously and impartially, without discrimination.
Prompt, helpful service to the public will take precedence over the library staff internal assignments and interpersonal communications.
All information shared with library patrons will be based on reliable, current resources, and delivered in an appropriate manner.
2016 Wamego Public Library Goals
- Increase energy efficiency in the library by changing the lighting and the exterior windows
- Release the wooden Native American to a new home
- Create a comfortable reading area near the circulation desk
- Complete policy review and revision
- Create a more secure children’s area when basement meeting room is in use after library hours
- Improve cleanliness of collection by cleaning covers with mild alcohol
- Remove the exterior book drop due to the damage it causes to library material
- Examine a shift and integration of the YA collection, especially non-fiction
- Prepare for another KDAHR grant possibility for more digitization of unique local materials
Library staffing and advocacy:
- Increase library staff pay grades and improve health benefits package
- Grow the active Friends of the Library roster
- Create a free children’s book coupon to give children when they get a library card
- Create a memorial Tree to commemorate memorials and donations
- Create a new tech plan, possibly shrinking public terminals from eight to six
- Complete microfilm newspaper digitization
- Generate a publicity plan for digital downloads: electronic books and audiobooks
- Improve cleanliness of public computing: more station cleaning and offering ear buds for sale at the circulation desk
- Study the addition of driver’s licenses as acceptable library cards
Back to About Us