The Wamego Public Library is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, or military status.
You can download and print our Employment Application or pick up a copy at the front desk.
We also have volunteer opportunities available. You can download and print our Volunteer Application. Please ask our staff for more information.
Wamego Public Library Seeks Director
The Board of Trustees for the Wamego, Kansas Public Library is seeking to fill the position of Library Director. The Director is responsible for the management of library operations and supervision of eleven staff. Community relations and grant development are key components of the position.
We are looking for an individual that will fulfill the Library’s mission and will help develop and implement a vision for future expansion of the programs, services and building.
Schedule: This is a full-time salary exempt position with a minimum of 35 hours/week.
- Salary range is $35,000 -$37,000 based on qualifications and experience.
- Participation in KPERS (Kansas Public Employees Retirement System)
- Eligible for Vacation Leave, Sick Leave, and Paid Holidays
- Individual Health Insurance
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required: Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited university is preferred.
- Applicant must have a minimum of two (2) years management experience.
- Up-to-date knowledge of Microsoft Windows, MS Office, QuickBooks, and social networking tools including Gmail, Hotmail, Facebook, Twitter, WordPress (or other blog/web building tools) and YouTube is required. Ability to troubleshoot computer issues is a must.
- Library experience preferred.
To apply: Please mail or email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to:
Wamego Public Library
Attn: Director Selection Committee
431 Lincoln St.
Wamego, KS 66547
Closing Date: All application packages must be received by February 1, 2019.
There are no Part-Time Positions available at this time.